Nicki Minaj threatened to shoot me, says Mariah Carey

Washington, Oct 5 (ANI): Mariah Carey told TV host Barbara Walters that her fellow 'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj had threatened to shoot her with a gun, in a fight between them on Tuesday.

The 83-year-old broadcast journalist made the revelation while recounting a phone conversation with Carey, just before the ABC talk show 'The View' went on the air.

Carey told me that "when Nicki walked off the set, multiple people heard Nicki say, 'If I had a gun I would shoot the bitch'," Fox News quoted her as saying.

According to Walters, after a meeting on Wednesday that was attended by the pair, Minaj said to Carey, "I love you, but we might fight again," to which "Mariah responded, 'No, we will not'."

The talk show host said that Carey told her that she had hired extra security for herself.

"Mariah said she doesn't feel comfortable emotionally.

"But she will continue with the show because she loves the show. And she loves mentoring the contestants," Walters said.

Walters also issued an invitation to Minaj, a past guest of 'The View,' asking her to give her side of the story in the show.

But Minaj wasted no time responding with a string of Twitter posts.

"Hey yAll. Lets just say nicki said smthn about a gun. Ppl will believe it cuz she's a black rapper. Lmao. I'll then hit up Barbara n milk it," she tweeted.

"Ironically no camera or mic heard the gun comment tho. Lol (at) the struggle. Not even the producers believed u. Say no to violence barbz."

"I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet. Never needed an army. God is good. Insecurity is as cruel as the grave," she wrote. (ANI)