Nicki Minaj Turns Pink Over Foxy Brown: "You've Gotta Tell People That When They're Alive"

News: Nicki Minaj Turns Pink Over Foxy Brown: "You've Gotta Tell People That When They're Alive"

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 11:50PM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj recently revealed just how much of an impact Foxy Brown has had on her life and why she is the most influential female emcee in hip-hop.

Minaj also defended publicly shouting out Foxy at a recent concert performance.

"I never really told Foxy how much she has influenced me and how much she changed my life, and you've gotta tell people that when they're alive to even be able to take the compliment, instead of paying tribute to them when they're no longer here," Nicki explained, in a very honest moment. "I never really knew how she felt about me -- in the industry, with women, you kinda just tread lightly -- and I'm glad I was able to finally come out and say: 'You were the most influential female rapper to me.'" (MTV)

Last weekend, the Brooklyn rap veteran rapped alongside Nicki at her New York City show.

While CAM'RON, LIL WAYNE, and DRAKE made cameos at MINAJ's concert, it was an appearance from FOXY BROWN stole the show. As FOXY came on stage, NICKI was quick to throw subliminal shade at other female rappers when she stated, "Make some noise for the wonderful person who has influenced me the m! ost out of every female in the rap game." (Juicy Magazine)

Brown previously bigged up Minaj as a top female hip-hop contender.

"There really isn't any [female rappers] other than Nicki Minaj who I really like that's new. That's my little homegirl -- I've always embraced her from the beginning, I've always showed her a lot of love -- I absolutely think she's the only person out there right now that's just doing a little something..." (Power 99)

Prior to nixing her performance, the "Barbie" planned to bring out Cam'ron and Brown at New York radio station Hot 97's Summer Jam concert last June.

Nicki Minaj did not get to touch down on the Summer Jam stage, but that didn't stop her from having a good time. The Harajuku Barbie kicked it with fellow femcee Foxy Brown, as well as her collaborators Cam'ron and Beenie Man in NYC on Sunday. She had hinted of a historic performance involving these artists plus Lauryn Hill, Nas, 2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Birdman, Tyga, Jae Millz, and Gudda Gudda. (Rap-Up)

Check out some recent Nicki Minaj footage below: