Nicki Minaj claims Lil Wayne was a southern gentleman while filming High School' music video

Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne may be just friends off camera, but the two labelmates shared quite a steamy scene in her newest music video for High School. Nicki opened up about filming a sex scene with her boss.

In the video, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne play high school sweethearts who ban together to steal jewelry from a drug lord, according to The Sun. In the middle of the video, however, Nicki and Weezy are seen sharing a passionate love scene, which proved to be quite uncomfortable for the rappers.

Nicki told MTV, Not only is he my boss, but he's also like my brother. "It's very weird because I'm just used to Wayne making fun of me.

And although the two came very close to a passionate kiss, Nicki insists that the event never actually took place. If we actually locked lips, don't you think we would have put it in the video? Wayne said we had to kiss for the video. He was like, one thing that's going to sell it is if we really kiss. I'm like, ehh.

In fact, not only did the two not kiss, but Wayne was even skeptical about laying a hand on the female rapper.

He refused to touch me, he's so respectful, he refused to touch me, and then I was like, 'Wa! yne,' I was like, 'You could do this.' But he was acting scared, like, 'Yo, Nick, this is my dream. I'm gonna be a man after this video.' He was just being crazy, she confessed.

But if I didn't tell him 'Yes, you can do this' or 'touch this,' he refused to do it, like he's a southern gentlemen, which people don't realize.

image: Fox