New Song: Nicki Minaj, 'Starships'

Posted 27 minutes ago by Jenna Hally Rubenstein in Celebrity, Music


Listen to Nicki Minaj's 'Starships.'

Another day, another new Nicki Minaj record. In the midst of tearing up her Grammy performance Nicki's also found the time to debut her radio-ready new single, "Starships." Produced by RedOne (Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez) "Starships" is slated to appear onPink Friday: Roman Reloaded, due out April 3.

Perhaps one of the most radio-friendly, pop-laden singles we've heard from Nicki in a while, "Starships" kinda sounds like it could have also been a David Guetta orFlo Rida record with a rap hook thrown on it. Translation: "Starships" is the world's next big party anthem. Boom, done.

Listen to Nicki Minaj's "Starships" after the jump.

As if its booming track wasn't enou! gh to ma ke this record a guaranteed hit up in da club, Nicki's infectious hook permeates as she sings: "I'm on the floor, floor/ I love to dance/ So give me more, more, till I can't stand/ Get on the floor, floor/ Like it's your last chance.../ Starships were meant to fly/ Hands up and touch the sky/ Can't stop 'cause were so high." Ina candid interview with Ryan Seacrest Nicki admits: "Starships is one of my absolute, absolute favorite records on Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. It makes people feel happy and thats all I want. I want to start the year off with making people feel good. Consider that done, gurl. I'm at least three notches higher on the "good" scale than I was before I listened.

+ Listen to Nicki Minaj's "Starships."

Related Content Follow Buzzworthy On Twitter

Tags