Nicki Minaj on Fashion Week: 'I'm Not Impressed'

Perhaps her Versace nun-inspired outfit, accessorized with a Catholic Priest, from the Grammys was an even deeper fashion statement than we realized. In a Q&A with New York Magazine (where she's also on this week's cover), Nicki Minaj had some choice words for the fashion world -- dissing it, but praising its golden girl, Anna Wintour.

"I'm not impressed to be in that world. I'm in my own world. I think sometimes the fashion world isn't even about clothes anymore; it's about this "in" crowd, and I'm not into that," the "Starships" singer responded when asked if she'd be back to Fashion Week this year.

Minaj did gush about her love for Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour revealing a cute story about the two, who sat next to each other at shows last year. "I got an autographed photo from her the next day that said, 'We match!' I had on these, like, weird balls and craziness, and she had on this really sophisticated dress, but they both were orange. I was like, 'Oh my God, I'm getting this framed!'"

Nicki also spoke about how her eccentric qualities are ingrained in her, telling the magazine, "I was one of those weird little girls doing my own hair at the age of 9. I was, like, getting weird gels and new brushes and cornrow holders. I would tweak and perm at the age of 13," citing Cyndi Lauper's videos as a main source of inspiration.

"I like the idea of doing something that everyone else is not. I get high off that," Nicki added. "Just the idea that other people don't have the balls to do something-that's my thing."

Too bad. Fashion Week will miss those half-blo! nde, hal f-blue wigs and chicken wing brooches.