Nicki Minaj 'Coming For Jay-Z's Spot' As Rap Mogul

09:51, Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Nicki Minaj has set a career goal for herself...to 'dethrone' Jay-Z as the top mogul in rap music.

The Stupid Stupid star, who is gearing up to the release of her sophomore album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, claims she wants to be at the top of her game when it comes to the entertainment industry, telling Jigga she's 'coming' for him.

Speaking to Allure magazine, Minaj explained: "I never thought about music as just being the end-all, be-all.

"I always looked at it like a business, something that I could create an empire out of. So that's why I'm only about to put out my second album and I'm already thinking about this,"

The Young Money queen continued: "I had a little conversation with Jay-Z at the Victoria's Secret fashion show. He said, 'Congratulations on all your success.' And I was like, 'Yeah, I'm coming for you. I'm coming for your spot, Mr. Mogul'."

In other Nicki Minaj news, her choreographer Laurieann Gibson recently revealed that the 29-year old's new material will "shock" her fans.

Gibson told our US Team: "Roman Reloaded, I thought, is a brilliant record. The way she's throwing it so bold, impactful, not afraid.

"Those levels usually lend itself to a pop performance and now it's being done by an MC and bein! g done w ell. The execution of it is what has people in shock, I think."

Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded is due for release in the UK on 2nd April, while Nicki also revealed on Twitter this week that she is "working on two books."

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311