Lil Wayne stands by decision to pull Nicki Minaj from Hot 97 Summer Jam line-up (Video)

Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj were involved in some controversy surrounding a Hot 97 radio DJ who had apparently insulted Minaj ahead of her scheduled performance at their Summer Jam concert on June 3.

Once the Young Money rapper heard wind of the diss, he immediately pulled his cohort out of the show.

DJ Peter Rosenberg had slammed Minajs song Starships, a move that Wayne did not particularly like. I know there are some chicks in here waiting to sing along with 'Starships' laterI'm not talking to y'all now. F--k that bullst, Rosenberg said in front of an audience of about 2,000 people, E! Online reports.

That's a female; first and foremost Nicki Minaj is a female. I don't know what anyone else believes, but I believe females deserve the ultimate respect at all times no matter, when or where or how," Wayne told MTV News about the incident.

He went on to say "As soon as she called me and told me she felt disrespected, I just declined everything," adding, "I pulled her from the show because ... no person that works with me will be disrespected in my presence as long as I'm on this planet."

While some criticized Minaj for following his orders, Wayne said that she deserved the best for the appearance.

"I expect the red carpet, in her manner; the pink carpet should be laid out for her," he said. "It's just an executive move, no salt, no bad feelings, no hard feelings."

Lauryn Hill and Nas filled in for Minaj once she was pulled from the line-up.

I feel like a woman should be respected at all times, therefore I made the right decision, concluded Wayne, defending his decision.