Why I love Nicki Minaj

Superfans get a bad rap for obsessing too much over a celebrity and generally acting like an idiot every time their idol pops up on the television screen. But that doesn't stop me from admitting that I'm Nicki Minaj's biggest fan. Here are just a few of the reasons why I think she's so damn great:

Bonkers style

Nicki's style is so outrageous that it makes Lady Gaga look normal (well, almost) and that's what makes her so exciting for me. Don't get me wrong, I won't be rushing out anytime soon to dye my hair ten different colours but that doesn't mean I don't wait in anticipation to see what wacky outfits and hairstyles she'll come out with next. Her most outrageous outfit so far had to be at the Grammys where she turned up in a full nun suit and her very own pope accessory. Her style is a true reflection of her personality which screams "I don't care what you think", and that is what makes her so likeable.

Beauty domination

As a woman of colour I always wondered what shades and brands of make-up Nicki wore. Her signature pink lipstick left me scouring beauty halls to find something similar. Then MAC Cosmetics announced a lipstick collaboration with Nicki and my prayers were answered. She's gone on to release her own nail polish line with OPI, another MAC lipstick and a perfume, all of which I own, obvs.

Rap queen

Looking past the superficial stuff for a second I also have to applaud Miss Minaj for her amazing music. Pick up my iPod and you'll see it crammed with her feel good, poptastic tunes. Nicki's insane rapping and blush worthy lyrics never fail to lift my mood and make me feel happy.

Positive attitude

What I love the most about Nicki, looking past the hair, clothes, makeup and music, is her attitude to life. She's not afraid to speak her mind and doesn't care what people think about her. In fact, when she does speak Nicki comes across as smart, sassy and strong. Here are a few ! of the l ess explicit quotes that I like:

"I believe that life is a prize, but to live doesn't mean you're alive."

"I am not a word, I am not a line, I am not a girl that can ever be defined."

"My happiness doesn't come from money or fame, it comes from success."