Nicki Minaj Performs Pound The Alarm On Jay Leno

Sat, Jul 14 2012 by Bitchie Staff | Filed Under: Celebrities

Nicki Minaj pounded the alarm last night as she took to the stage of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to perform her new single, fresh off of a trip to Trinidad. While there, she sat down with Jay Leno to detail her childhood, while telling funny horror stories about the worst job shes ever had at Red Lobster. [which ultimately afforded her the opportunity to buy a new car.]

I was really really young making over $500 a week. I had a brand new BMW at 19 years old working at Red Lobster.

She also told Jay Leno that she embraces the role of being a role model to younger girls:

I feel like Im a bigger sister to the girls. I try to mold them, I always tell them to stay in school, I dont want them to grow up too quick. I dont want them to rush to grow up, I want them to take it easy because I think when I was younger I thought I was missing out on something. I always loved Jada Pinkett Smith and I still do because I had the pleasure to meet her and she just seems so well put together, mentally. Like everytime I see her in interviews, shes always had this thing about her that made me feel inspired.


Check out a few more pics plus video below:


Watch Nicki Minaj perform Pound The Alarm

Watch Nicki Minajs interview with Jay Leno

Nicki Minajs new movie, Ice Age 4 is in theaters now!

Videos via Neon Limelight