Nicki Minajs Celebrity Hairstylist Speaks Out, After Firing

terrence davidson-speaks out-splits from nicki minaj-the jasmine brand*Recently, surprising news hit that Nicki Minaj had to decided to say deuces to her glam squad and long-time hair stylist,Terrence Davidson.

While the details remain fuzzy, our partner, theJasmineBrand.com, chatted with the dearly departed, finding out whats next for Minajs ex-hair-guru. Earlier this year, he released a statement confirming his departure:

I would like to inform the media and supporters that Ive decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj. It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energize my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, how-to lectures and hair show development. I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans whove expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013.

To date, neither Nicki nor Terrence have discussed what ended their business relationship. And while we couldnt get him to spill the tea (hell, we tried!), we briefly chatted with him about how he continues to progress, professionally.

TJB: Youve been pretty quiet since moving on from working with Nicki Minaj. Are you surprised that its such a big story in the press?

Im not surprised.

TJB: Looking back, is there anything that you wish that you could have done differently, working with such a huge artist?

No, everything happens for a reason you live and you learn.

TJB:Whats the biggest lesson youve learned, in terms of creativity, by working with Nicki?

What the wash wont do, the rinse will. :)

TJB: So I hear, your schedule is just as busy as it was, while you were touring w/ her. What have you been up to these days?

I have partnered with Mizani, to transforms the lives of young children living with hair lost illnesses. The Wigs4Kids organization is making a big difference in their community, but we are looking to make it global.

Visit theJasmineBrand.com for the full interview.