Nicki Minaj Addresses Plastic Surgery, False Teeth Accusations

News: Nicki Minaj Addresses Plastic Surgery, False Teeth Accusations

Monday, Apr 30, 2012 10:30AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Young Money star Nicki Minaj may be the biggest eye candy in hip-hop these days, however, the platinum-selling rapper recently showed off a disinterest in addressing plastic surgery-related questions.

In an interview with The Guardian, her interviewer reveals Minaj showed no interest in discussing speculated body enhancement topics.

Underneath the pneumatic bosom and bottom (rumoured to be surgically enhanced, which she denies), the gold bangles, the screaming pink and green make-up, there's a rather delicate beauty - lovely big features in a small face. She refuses to talk about her body these days and looks aghast if it's suggested anything might have been worked on. "Your teeth are beautiful," I say. "Thank you," she says. "Are they natural?" She gives me a ferocious stare "Are your teeth natural?" she replies. "You can tell they are," I say. "They're disgusting." (The Guardian)

Last year, Minaj discussed fans' infatuations with her lower backside.

"I don't mind the question, I don't mind the fascination. It's all good," she said. "I've said this before. It doesn't define me, so I try my best not to focus my energy on it. Like if you guys focus energy on it, I don't mind it. if people are sitting in a barbershop talking about my butt, it's conversational. That's what people ar! e going to do. As long as they're talking about Nicki Minaj, it's good." ("Full Throttle")

Last summer, reality star Coco talked to SOHH about getting compared to Minaj's money maker.

"I don't want to be put in the same category but the thing is I have had requests [and questions] and it's all real from down under," Coco assured SOHH. "Like, there's nothing going on there. Yeah, so, I really celebrate the fact that I have a womanly [body] and why not? It's not like I try to cover it up. I don't want to be homely looking, I just want people to see that sexy woman that I always have been." (SOHH)

In 2010, Minaj denied speculation claiming she used butt pads.

Nicki Minaj doesn't have much time for her detractors, including those who recently set the Web ablaze with speculation about whether her assets had been enhanced with "butt pads." Did it bother her? "Absolutely not!" the Queens-bred rapper and Lil Wayne protg says with a laugh. "People will pick anything to talk about, and that happens to be the thing at the moment. I love being a conversation piece." (New York Post)