Nicki Minaj: 'Lady GaGa comparisons don't offend me but do irk me'

Nicki Minaj has said that she is annoyed by those who would compare her to Lady GaGa.

The 'Beez in the Trap' rapper, who released a more notably pop sophomore record entitled Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded earlier this month, insisted that she has little in common with Lady GaGa and feels that they are in two separate arenas.

Nicki Minaj

Rex Features / Startraks Photo/Rex Features

Lady Gaga The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards (MTV VMAs) held at the Nokia Theatre - Press Room Los Angeles, California

Minaj explained her take on the comparisons during an interview on ABC's Nightline, saying: "Offends me, no. Irks me, yes. We are in completely different lanes.

"First of all, I'm a rapper. I'm from southside Jamaica, Queens. I could say some really crazy lyrics right now, but I won't. Why don't I turn the cameras around and ask you?"

However, Minaj went on to say that she has no problems with the 'Marry the Night' star and respects her unique accomplishments, adding: "Gaga's a fantastic artist, you know! , she pa ved her way. She's opened her own lane. But I think that I have my own lane, and we never cross. Ever.

"So, you know, I really don't get the comparison anymore. Our music doesn't sound the same. Our stage presence is not the same. I just can't see the similarities."

> Nicki Minaj scores first UK No. 1 album with 'Roman Reloaded'

Watch Nicki Minaj's video for 'Beez in the Trap' below: