Nicki Minaj's "Roman Reloaded" In Battle For No. 1, Second Week Projected Sales Revealed

News: Nicki Minaj's "Roman Reloaded" In Battle For No. 1, Second Week Projected Sales Revealed

Saturday, Apr 14, 2012 10:16AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Young Money's Nicki Minaj is going to go neck-and-neck for the number one spot as her Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded sophomore album is bidding to be next week's top album in the country.

Based on weekend estimates, Minaj's LP is going toe-to-toe with singer Adele's 21.

It looks like we have another horse race for #1 next week as Adele and Nicki Minaj battle it out for the post-Easter lead. Based on midweek reports, we're giving Adele the slight nod, giving her a 24th week at the top. Here's how it looks headed into the weekend: Adele (XL/Columbia) 85-95k Nicki Minaj (YM/CM/Universal Republic) 80-90k (Weakend Chart Preview)

This past week, Minaj's sophomore effort topped the sales chart.

Leading the pack this week is Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded at No. 1. According to Nielsen SoundScan, the Barbie's sophomore album shelled out 254,000 units in its opening week. (SOHH Sales Wrap)

Recently, she downplayed any sort of sophomore jinx concerns.

"H*ll no! This album is gonna sell so much more than Pink Friday," Minaj told radio host DJ Clue.! "Ask me this question two years from today, Clue. With me, I'm never about first week and all that. I like to look at it for the long haul. I'ma travel, I'ma meet my beautiful babies, my Barbz everywhere, and this is my first time I'm gonna get to do a world tour, so the album is gonna do its thing." (Power 105.1)

Having sold over 1.7 million copies to date, Minaj's Pink Friday debuted at number two back in 2010.

Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj's long-awaited Pink Friday finally hit retail shelves and debuted at No. 2. With a week under her pink belt, the emcee's debut album has pushed out 376,000 copies. (SOHH Sales Wrap)

Check out a recent Nicki Minaj interview below: