Nicki Minaj's Hair Stylist Dishes On Her 'Out-Of-The-Box' Looks

Nicki Minaj Hair

Nicki Minaj's amazing hair transformations.Photo: Getty Images

No surprises here: Nicki Minaj's hair game has always been out of this world. From her music videos to performance outfits to street style, there isn't a dull moment in Barbs' daily coif adventures. In celebration of her recent Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded album release, MTV News sat down with Nicki's hair stylist Terrence Davidson to get the dirt on all of her memorable styles. From "Super Bass" to "Fly" to "Turn Me On," Terrence dished on her iconic music video looks and revealed all the "out of the box" things he did with her hair.

Terrance on the "Super Bass" video: "I didn't even know which direction we were going with her hair. I just knew she want fun colors. It was so many wigs on set anyway, which is all the time. I mean, I don't care if it's one look. You're going to see 15 wigs sitting there for her to choose one wig for one shot. That's just how Nicki is, she's a perfectionist. She loves what she does."

Terrance on the "Fly" video: "I love the versatility in that video. There was the short pink hair and the high top. We were trying to figure out how to get he! r in and out of the car with it, and I was looking at the video and I was like, 'I think it got crooked from hitting the roof.'"

Terrance's favorite look from the "Fly" video: "My favorite one out of that video was the zebra print Mohawk. I know we was talking animal print, we did speak about a few things 'cause she wanted the leopard print bob, and actually that zebra print came out of nowhere. It just was like, 'Let me just do this.' The funny part was, I was actually in my room and I made it the night before the video, and I was sitting there painting, and I was like, 'Let me just paint it up here.' I was going to do a regular Mohawk with black tips, but then I went in and made it zebra print."

Nicki Minaj and her zebra print Mohawk: "I really didn't think she was going to wear it, but when she walked on the trailer and she saw the zebra print, she was like, 'Whoaaa.' And I was like, 'Oh gosh, she really likes it.' So I really had to straighten it up a little bit more and make it work."

+ WATCH NICKI MINAJ'S HAIR STYLIST TALK ABOUT BARBS' BIGGEST HAIR MOMENTS

Like us on Facebook so we can be friends and follow us on Twitter @MTVstyle to talk.

Related Content Nicki Minaj Likes 'Out-Of-The-Box' Hairstyles, Nicki Minaj And Rihanna's 'Fly' Music Video Look By Look, Nicki Minaj Pairs A Pink Bikini With Neon Hair For New 'Starship! s' Video

Tags , , , ,