Nicki Minaj feared American Idol will make her too famous

Musicrooms.net logo

NavigationHomeMusicNewsListenWatchMoviesFeaturesCelebrity


TV Nicki Minaj

Published on January 4th, 2013 | by Gabi Finn

0

She told the Hollywood Reporter, (Before joining) I had a lot of talks with people my family, my best friends, my label, (mentor) Lil Wayne, management and then the producers.

(There is) a judgemental culture in hip-hop. Sometimes you are afraid of being too famous because its almost, like, is that even cool? Being that accessible, someone you see on TV every week? I never pictured myself as that type of person. Im still surprised that I decided to do it.

The rapper will make her American Idol debut as a judge when season 12 kicks! off in the U.S. on 16 January.

More: ,

Share


More On Musicrooms.net


Elsewhere On The Web


Back to Top