Nicki Minaj wants 'American Idol' to remain authentic, won't watch herself

Rap superstar Nicki Minaj feels too self-conscious to watch herself as a new judge on American Idol, and wants the contestants to be selected based on talent.

Who is Nicki Minajs worst critic? It may be Minaj herself. According to AZ Central, she believes watching herself judge contestants on American Idol will only give her an excuse to pick out her flaws and obsess over details she cannot change.

"I'm not going to watch myself. I have a hard time watching myself with anything. I'm afraid I'm going to overanalyze it and make myself feel bad about something I can't change. With a performance, I'll watch and then pause it and see if I could handle that. Sometimes it's a good performance and I really love it and I'll watch it every day after that. I'm my biggest critic.''

Minaj also seeks to help contestants analyze their own performances to ultimately be able to realize when theyre on or off before they even hear the judges comments.

''When I'm on the stage I feel what I do - if I do great, if I do not great, I feel it. It's funny because that's what we're trying to tell the contestants. You should be at a place in your artistry when you know when you're on and when you're off, and no one should even need to tell you that.''

Minaj feels uncomfortable watching reality shows where they put contestants through based on their incredible stories, so she vows to judge based on talent alone.

''When I watch these shows and they say yes to someone who clearly doesn't deserve it, that bothers me in my soul - I want to jump through the TV. For me, it was completely different. I don't feel the need to send someone through just because of a great story.''

Moreove! r, Minaj told OK! Magazine that she does not want aspiring rap stars to audition for American Idol because it will make them lose credibility in the hip-hop community and ruin the vibe of the show, which is meant to showcase singers.

"I definitely don't think a rapper should be in this competition. Rap and hip-hop is completely different from American Idol. I started off in the streets, selling mixtapes out of my car. It's a different situation.

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Facebook!