Nicki Minaj talks Mariah Carey 'Idol' feud with Ellen DeGeneres

Fans are just hours away from watching the season premiere of American Idol where Keith Urban, Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj will take on the judging panel alongside AI alumn Randy Jackson.

Following their highly discussed feud, Minaj sat down with Ellen DeGeneres to clear the air on where she and Carey stand on the feud.

Minaj and Carey were all smiles at last weeks Idol press appearance and the Starship singer even joked that they two divas buried the hatchet by watching a sex tape Minaj starred in.

The 30-year-old singer opened up to DeGeneres, E! News reports, explaining the feud from her perspective.

I don't know. It was just two big old divas, I was just like sitting there, and I guess before I went in there I heard all the stuff that was being said, but I didn't believe it. I heard them saying 'Mariah doesn't want you on the panel' but I was like, 'No. I am friends with Mariah.' I was like arguing people down, she explains. Like, 'Don't believe everything you read, you're crazy.' And so I went there and I started to feel a bit of the shade. And I just kind of overcompensated by being crazier."

She continues, You know someone maybe doesn't like you, it's kind of like, now you're gonna really go in...because it's like a defense mechanism. You! know what I mean? It's really that. Your feelings are hurt and you can't believe it, so you kind of just compensate with being crazy."

Minaj was caught on tape telling Carey that she was going to knock her out during an Idol audition.

So how are things now between the women? "We're fine. I cannot hold a grudge against Mariah Carey. What people don't understand is that I've looked up to her for so many years. Since she came out, 'Vision of Love' all that. Me and my mother would sing her songs like all day and all night. So I don't know if she's gotten over it but I have. I mean, I'm over there cracking up laughing, having fun and if she's still holding a grudge. I don't know. Like I don't care."

Minajs interview with DeGeneres airs Tuesday afternoon.

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Facebook!