Nicki Minaj rejects American Idol contestant for wearing same eyeshadow

Published: 2:49PM Saturday January 19, 2013 Source: BANG Showbiz

Mariah Carey has slammed Nicki Minaj after she rejected a contestant on American Idol for wearing the same colour eyeshadow as her.

The two divas feuded on air after the Beauty and a Beat hitmaker admitted she snubbed Stephanie Schimel because she chose the same shade of eyeshadow.

Judges Mariah, 42, Randy Jackson, 56, and Keith Urban, 45, praised the 20-year-old hopeful for her rendition of I Dreamed A Dream, with Nicki being the only one not to vote her through.

Initially, she said: "I thought your voice is pretty, you are pretty, but nothing jumped at me. We have seen such magnetic things today and I don't think you compared to what we have seen today.

"I do not think you feel like a star. You are not giving me that thing. I do not feel it."

However, w! hen Stephanie was put through to the Chicago leg of the show's auditions, Nicki, 30, revealed the real reason for her snub - they were wearing the same colour pink eyeshadow.

"We have a rivalry and that is why I said no," the rapper admitted.

Mariah couldn't believe the rejection, and it sparked a row between the pair.

"This is what I deal with, this is what I deal with when I come into my job," she said.

The singer then tried to calm Nicki down as the feud threatened to reach boiling point.

However Nicki, talking on The Ellen DeGeneres show, has recently claimed the rivalry has ended since the auditions were filmed.

"We're fine," she said. "I cannot hold a grudge against Mariah Carey. I don't know if she's gotten over it but I have."

Copyright 2013, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand