Nicki Minaj talks brush with Dubai law

Wacky pop star and American Idol judge Nicki Minaj has said she nearly fell foul of the UAEs public indecency laws during a trip to Dubai, daily newspaper 7Days reported on Tuesday.

The Super Bass star told US chat show host Jimmy Kimmel that she almost hugged a plain clothed Dubai cop during a recent visit.

She told Kimmel on his show: "I went to Dubai. I almost got in so much trouble because the guys in Dubai are so cute. It's not even funny. One of the rules [is] you can't hug a man if you're not married to the man. And so when we were leaving, there was this one guy that was so cute, I was like, 'Bye.' because I just wanted to have this one last moment to... savour the moment."

"THE SCARIEST THING"

The singer, best known for her colourful outfits and elaborate wigs, is currently starring as a judge on the 2013 series of American Idol. Her appearances have already made the headlines as she regularly argues with her fellow judges, especially soul diva Mariah Carey.

The UAE has strict laws governing public displays of affection and police officers will regularly warn couples against holding hands or kissing in public.

Reliving her apparent legal brush, Minaj told Kimmel: "Everyone in my team thought I was going to be put in jail. It was the scariest thing. He kinda put his arms up a little bit and cracked a nervous smile, and I was just like, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry' and I just left."

WATCH THE VIDEO:

RELATED GALLERY: The changing looks of Nicki Minaj

Who knew the Bride of Frankenstein could rap? Nicki Minaj proves that the afterlife is no stranger to phat beats.