Nicki Minaj talks Grammy snub

nicki-minaj

Image Credit: Michael Kovac/Getty Images

So, why was Nicki Minaj passed over for this years Grammy nominations? One might say that the disjointed Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded wasnt trophy-worthy in a year packed with stellar albums, but Minaj herself has her own ideas.

I think that the Grammys had a different reason [for not nominating me] that I do not want to discuss, Minaj, who delivered a head-scratching performance of Roman Holiday at last years ceremony,said in a recent interview with the Associated Press. And thats just between me and them. But I respect their organization and Ill get a Grammy eventually. Im not worried about it.

The American Idol judge has remained lighthearted regarding the issue, laughing off the snub and saying, Ive gotten tons of awards and I believe when its my time to get a Grammy, Ill get a Grammy.

I understand that artists and critics make a big deal over the Grammys, she continued. But when I go to my shows and Im selling out arenas in London, and when Im in Australia and Japan, there arent any Grammys there, she said. There are human beings who Ive touched. There are human beings who are inspired by me, who I love dearly. And thats what my career is based on.

You do feel good when you get awards and accolades, she added. Maybe if I had been doing this for 10 years and I thought like, `Oh my god, Ive put out 10 albu! ms maybe it would have hurt my feelings. But I still feel so new that its like, `Charge it to the game, she said. Its part of the game.

Read more:American Idol: Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey wage shade-throwing war in Baton RougeAmerican Idol: Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey brawl sparked by disagreement over country thingMariah Carey vs. Nicki Minaj: Who Wore It Better?