Nicki Minaj not sweating Grammy snub

Nicki Minaj may be giving people crazy nicknames on American Idol, but you will not find her acting crazy over her Grammy snub.

The singer and rapper opened up to the Associated Press about her lack of Grammys on her award shelves.

Rolling Stone reported Nicki Minaj saying, Ive gotten tons of awards and I believe when its my time to get a Grammy, Ill get a Grammy.

SOHH reported Minaj saying, You do feel good when you get awards and accolades. Maybe if I had been doing this for 10 years and I thought like, 'Oh my god, I've put out 10 albums' -- maybe it would have hurt my feelings. But I still feel so new that it's like, 'Charge it to the game,'" she said. "It's part of the game."

Minaj was nominated three times at last years Grammys, including Best New Artist and Best Rap Album for Pink Friday. However, Minaj has a theory as to why she was not nominated this year.

"I think that the Grammys had a different reason, that I do not want to discuss . . . and that's just between me and them," she said. "But I respect their organization and I'll get a Grammy eventually. I'm not worried about it."

You can catch Minaj on American Idol Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m. on FOX.

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Facebook!